SAFETY RULES FOR PRACTICAL PISTOL
- There will be NO loaded firearms allowed anywhere on the range except at the firing line. A weapon may be loaded ONLY at the express command of a Range Official.
- There will be NO handling of firearms anywhere on the range except at the firing line or "SAFE AREA." A table will be made available in a safe area and direction to clear malfunctions unresolvable at the firing line, to perform necessary maintenance or to transfer weapons from case to holster.
- All firearms being transported from one point on the range to another, shall be unloaded, holstered or cased. There are NO exceptions whatsoever to this rule.
- All muzzles will always be pointed in a safe downrange direction. Any muzzle that exceeds the downrange quartesphere to the firing line constitutes a safety violation.
- Any weapons discharge deemed unsafe by the Range Official is a safety violation. The Range Official at the scene has complete discretion and will make the determination as to whether any given shot constitutes an "AD".
- Any muzzle that "COVERS" any part of any human constitutes a safety violation.
- Range Officials are empowered to make judgement calls for any unsafe gun handling or act that is not otherwise covered herein. This includes any safety issue at any part of the range at any time. A Range Official's judgement call or determination of any unsafe act is final and non negotiable.
- ANY SAFETY VIOLATION IS GROUNDS FOR DISQUALIFICATION AND EJECTION FROM THE MATCH.
See also: Practical Pistol Range Command Sequence